Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

It's that wonderful day of the year where it's ok to gorge yourself on turkey, stuffing, yams, pie and any number of delicious culinary delights that will show up on your table. It's my favorite day of the year.

The day is filled with eating. First it's brunch at my in-laws' then it's on to dinner with my family. Nothing stems the constant flow of food. It is truly amazing. More so that I don't die from over eating.

I made special Thanksgiving cake pops for both events this year. I took Bakerella's turkey pop design and combined it with her adorable spring chick pops to create this:









The love child of the Turkey Pop and the Spring Chick Pop.

These guys were made using a yellow cake mixed with chocolate frosting. I dipped them in dark chocolate melts. After the chocolate set, I began the detailing.

First I used mini-candy-coated chocolate chips for the beaks. I used the red hearts and red spades for the wattles. Large white and yellow sequins were used for the eyes and I drew the pupils on with an edible ink pen. For the tails I used 3 caramel candy corns. Honestly, the tails were the worst thing to put on. I finally figured out an amazing method for getting them not to slip around. Sadly it was on the last 5 pops that I figured this out.

So far, these have been the most detailed pops I've made. I loved every minute of putting these together. I'm looking forward to making and putting up more fancy pops for you all.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. May you eat to your hearts content with no guilt. May you enjoy time with family and friends. If you're brave enough to go out on Black Friday, I wish you amazing deals and your holiday shopping to be completely finished by 3pm tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.
FatCat

1 comment: