Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

Let's just say, life has exploded in the last few weeks which is why I haven't been baking. And there was that gingerbread catastrophe that I wouldn't subject anyone to. I'm still so embarrassed.

The weather is turning nice (as rain pours down outside the window), trees are in bud and the flowers are blossoming. What better way to celebrate than with some sort of blossom cookie?

My friend S provided me with this recipe. She was right, it's quick, easy and a hit. Generally speaking, I rely on others' opinions on my baking as I find it difficult to eat something I spent a lot of time on. These I eat. And I don't want to share. But I will. Only with my husband.

First you gather your supplies.


Empty the sweetened condensed milk into a mixing bowl

Add in the peanut butter

Add vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer.

Add in 1 cup of the Bisquick and mix. Warning: Use of a hand mixer or a wooden spoon is unwise. The dough crept up my beaters and stuck to my spoon. Best mixing instruments you have are at the ends of your arms. Get those hands dirty!!

Here's what it looks like when it's completely combined and ready to be formed.

Roll into roughly 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in some sugar.

Place on cookie sheet and bake. (wow that's a terrible photo! Sorry about that)

Get your next step prepared. DO NOT SNACK ON THEM UNTIL YOU KNOW HOW MANY YOU NEED!!

Unwrap them and keep them at the ready. You'll need to wield the Kiss quickly when the time comes.

When the cookies come out of the oven, press a kiss into the center of each one. Move them to a cooling rack and try to not sample any until they're cool. I have the burns on the roof of my mouth as proof that you want to wait.


Enjoy these little Peanut Butter Blossoms and celebrate Spring!

Recipe:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups bisquick
1 tsp Vanilla
sugar
Hershey's Kisses

Mix can of sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and peanut butter. Add in Bisquick. Mix with your hands until dough is formed. Roll dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes (9 worked perfectly for me). When the cookies come out of the oven and are still hot, press in an unwrapped Kiss into the center of the cookie. Move to a cooling rack.

I have no idea how long these can last. I'm betting they won't make it through the week in my house.

Can anyone explain why I'm getting April Showers in March?

FatCat

No comments:

Post a Comment