Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baking Has Gone To The Dogs

I haven't been able to update since Thanksgiving. Mostly because I haven't really been baking but making dough. Lots of dough. No worries, this week will be full of baking.

I did make these, and they are part of holiday baking extravaganza. It was surprisingly simple and came out very cute. Can you figure it out from the pictures?

First I mixed up my dough. That was the easy part.



The I rolled it out on a floured surface. Rolled it to about a 1/4 inch thick



Then I cut out the shapes



Baked them (and learned the hard way just how easily and quickly they can burn!)



Bagged them and tied them with a cute ribbon.



And they're ready for your favorite pooch to nom!



These easy dog treats were made using the following recipe from My Little Cupcake's blog. Like the author of that blog, I saw several variations of the recipe, but decided to use her alterations. I'm happy with the result.

Recipe:
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 egg
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour (she used whole wheat flour, I used all purpose flour)
1 tbl spoon of baking powder.

I got 33 biscuits out of the recipe.

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine honey, peanut butter and egg in your mixer. In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the PB mixture. Once combined, roll out to 1/4" thickness on a floured surface. Take your favorite pet style cookie cutter (I used a bone shape) and cut out your shapes. Place on a baking sheet, either with parchment paper or foil on it and bake for 18-20 minutes.

I had some trouble with my oven and it pre-heated too hot. I didn't check my thermometer (Bad, FatCat!!) and I ended up with some burnt treats. Be sure your oven is at 375 degrees.

Share this yummy treat with your favorite four-legged friend. Don't tell anyone that FatCat sent them. I've got a reputation to uphold here.

Happy Howl-i-days!
FatCat

1 comment:

  1. Cute Becca! I actually just bought a dog cookie cutter two nights ago with plans to make dog biscuits, but I didn't have a recipe yet...now I do! Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete